Our client is a global distribution company that brings value to the world’s leading producers and users of plastics and chemicals through the supply of best in class products and tailored business solutions.
With over 40 years of experience and success, our client has grown into one of the world’s largest plastics and chemicals marketing and distribution companies. The company has over 50 offices in more than 35 countries with sales over 110 countries.
The Position: Junior Technical Manager
The position belongs to our client’s Chemicals and Polymers BV and will be reporting to Global Technical Director. Junior Technical Manager - Performance Polymers Europe (JTM) will be responsible to provide Technical Service and implementation of development projects at customers in Balkans / Eastern Europe Region. JTM will execute and complete projects in the field of flexible and rigid applications (food, industrial, hygiene, rigid) to fulfil customer needs that are in line with our client’s strategies. This position will also be identifying new projects that address customer needs (Voice of Customer) and new products needs in the portfolio and handling claim investigations.
Key Accountabilities for Junior Technical Manager:
• Junior Technical Manager will have to fulfil our client’s rules and standards.
• Application development project generation and implementation.
• As Junior Technical Manager the candidate will have to identify customers’ needs on existing and/or new applications, positioning the products at performance-pricing point of view that will meet the customers’ expectations.
• It will be the Junior Technical Manager’s role to charter new projects with clear descriptions, technologies and opportunities.
• Junior Technical Manager will have to commercialize the projects and close follow up.
• Proper reporting (visits, technical findings, projects etc.)
• The position of Junior Technical Manager will be in charge of having to interface with our client technical community, external laboratories, machine manufacturers.
• As Junior Technical Manager will candidate will have to claim investigation and resolve.
• Competitive landscape analysis, understanding regional and market dynamics and threats.
Qualifications & Education required for Junior Technical Manager:
• The candidate most suitable to the Junior Technical Manager position will have a background of Mechanical Engineering / Chemical Engineering / Materials Engineering / Chemistry.
• Preferably 2 years of experience in polymer industry (polyolefins extrusion, flexible, rigid applications)
Skills/Experience/Knowledge preferable for Junior Technical Sales Manager:
• It is required that the Junior Technical Manager is fluent in English. Another European language is a plus.
• As part of the Junior Technical Manager job role, it is a requirement to travel within Baltic/Eastern European region 50-70% of the time.
Get in touch with
Tel: +44 (0)1908 920 436