Our client is the world’s largest manufacturer of commercial laundry equipment. This position reports directly to the CFO Global Commercial and dotted line to the Group Controller.
As a partner to the CFO Global Commercial and the Corporate Controller, this position ensures the accounting and reporting for the international sales regions and local offices comply with Company policies as well as GAAP/IFRS and local country statutory requirements.
- Responsible for the monthly closing process of our client’s sales offices to include timely and accurate uploading of information into the consolidation software, TM1 Cognos, as well as providing information needed to support the corporate consolidation, and the understanding of the sales offices performance.
- Coordinate and manage the statutory audit work of our client’s entities (Luxembourg entities, Netherlands, Czech, Belgium, France, Spain, Germany, UK, Italy, Singapore, Thailand and China entities).
- Responsible for any additional in-country statutory filings including local taxes, governmental compliance and payroll related taxes. Review monthly VAT tax filings of EMEA and Asia entities as needed.
- Be an accounting resource for local controllers regarding accounting issues and have a strong understanding of IFRS and USGAAP.
- Oversee the management of assigned finance and administrative personnel and outsourced in-country service providers for foreign entities. Ensure that the competence and capability of the financial and administrative support staff.
- Assist with the collection of quarterly information of EMEA and Asia entities to prepare more detailed financial reporting, as well as monthly cash flow information for the consolidated cash flow statement preparation, in cooperation with the International Treasurer.
- Assist with the development of corporate accounting policies and procedures and the implementation of new policies and procedures across EMEA and Asia entities.
- Perform regular balance sheet reviews and coordinate the review of monthly account reconciliations across EMEA and Asia entities. Research unusual accounting transactions and communicate any new or unusual accounting treatments to corporate organization and prepare accounting memos as needed.
- Coordinate the quarterly and annual tax provision information of EMEA and Asia's entities needed for consolidated tax provisioning. Assist with the gathering of transfer price information across EMEA and Asia entities.
- Oversees the development and administration of the international accounting systems, practices, controls and procedures, ensuring conformity to accepted accounting principles as related to revenue recognition, operating costs and profitability.
- Ensures the reporting and process structures are and remain compliant with all statutory internal and external requirements and meet the reporting needs of the business. Identifies and implements controls, efficiencies and procedures to ensure financial information is reported accurately and timely for group deadlines.
- To achieve this, the International Controller will work closely with the Regional Sales Controllers to ensure alignment in reporting and processes (closing, forecast, budget), avoid duplication of work, improve the reports, and continuously enforce compliance with the Group reporting requirements.
- University Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years of business experience and a minimum of 5 years of management experience in a multinational company (preferably U.S. based) of at least $200 million in revenue.
- Hands-on experience managing the accounting for international operations in multiple countries.
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS.
- Experience with an ERP system and proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Broad knowledge of various financial disciplines, cost, budgets and general accounting in addition to financial analysis and strategic planning concepts and methods.
- Fluent in English. Additional languages would be an asset.
2. Skills and Abilities:
- Capability to influence, and obtain buy-in from the different stakeholders
- A strong combination of strategic thinking and tactical implementation skills.
- Must be a leader and effective motivator of people.
- Ability to define, implement and adhere to policies and procedures. Clear drive towards execution.
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential and sensitive data.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, international environment.