Intelligent Employment is recruiting a Sales Manager for our client, a global oil company and to focus on it’s Industrial Lubricant business in Belgium. This is a home office based position and will involve managing clients and a sales team.
Sales Area Manager is responsible for overseeing sales operations in a designated geographical area.
managing own portfolio of customers (50% of the time)
managing the Sales Team (50% of the time)
Sales accountability: (50% of the time)
- Understands market trends and needs, competition strategies and business opportunities in the designated geographical area. Performs adequate analysis to stay up-to-date.
- Develops relevant market strategies, defines & prioritizes growth opportunities and pursues the most relevant ones, with full alignment with all key stakeholders
- Actively manages a portfolio of (own & supports team with their ones) accounts to build a strong & long-lasting partnership with them as well as to achieve high Share of Wallet (SoW) of their lubricants consumption
- Actively builds a strong sales pipeline (own & team’s one) to constantly grow market share and mitigate the impact of a natural churn rate.
- Provides sales forecast for the region and takes responsibility for the forecast accuracy
- Monitors sales and financial metrics, propose corrective actions to ensure growth and budget realization
- Ensures all sales activities are executed with the highest quality, in a timely manner and in line with Group Policies
Team Management accountability: (50% of the time)
- Leads by example. Creates a positive working environment and keeps high motivation of the team
- Establishes Key Performance Indicators for the team and ensures proper delivery on target.
- Ensures all sales tools (e.g. CRM, KA Plans, B2B Portal) are being regularly used by the team in their daily jobs
- Supports team members with achieving their goals via allocation of tools and resources as well as through regular coaching and mentoring
- Creates individual development plans for every Sales Team Member based on an assessment of their strengths and weaknesses/gaps. Activates the best levelers to increase the required professionalism accordingly
- Develops a succession plan within the Team
- Manages the administrative part related to the Team management
High Diploma in Business and/or Engineering Studies
Min. 6 years of B2B sales experience in handling medium to large customers
Min. 6 years of experience in Industrial Lubricants (understanding & application awareness of all IML product categories + at least moderate knowledge of key focus sectors: Pulp & Paper, Cement, Steel, Power generation, General Manufacturing)
Min. 3 years of team management (teams of more than 2 FTEs)
Strategic thinking & business acumen
Leadership skills (team management, mentoring & coaching)
Consultative Selling skills
Customer management skills
Communication & negotiation skills
Analytical skills (incl. P&L understanding)
Knowledge (advanced level)
Languages: English, Dutch, German
Key programs: Excel, PowerPoint, CRM tools
Lubricants | Industrial | Metalworking | Sales | Belgium | Home office | Steel | Management