Intelligent Employment is recruiting an Industrial Distributor Manager, for our client to manage and develop its distributor network in the UK. This is a home office-based position, working closely with the Head of UK and Head of Industrial Distribution.
The Industrial Distributor Manager will be responsible to develop and manage the Industrial Indirect business within an agreed geographical area by building a strong commercial relationship with the Industrial Distributors and developing joint business plans targets and objectives per distributor. The role will include enhancing the capabilities of current Distributors and selecting new Distributor Partners who can effectively promote and improve the industrial performance and contribute to the growth in total volume and market share by establishing a sell-through approach. Consciously building brand awareness by promoting our fluid technology solution offerings that meet both our Distributors and their customer requirements and making client products the preferred brand.
- Manage the annual business planning process with each Distributor Partner, including its implementation, follow up and review, in a “sell-through” approach, maximising the company sales and marketing initiatives.
- To complete a review and selection of suitable Distributor Partners to achieve objectives of profitability, selling the right product & service offering to the right end customer.
- Establish a plan to build capability and knowledge transfer to the Distributor Partner sales team and organisation, including training facilitation and coaching
- Monitor market trends and competitor activity; sharing these insights with the Marketing teams and other functions as required.
- Lead all engagements with the Distributor Partner and representing their voice internally to all functions
- Minimum degree in Engineering or any related discipline.
- 5+ years of Distributor Management experience.
- Sound Lubricant and/or Industrial sector background.
- Joint business planning (to enable sell through culture) and Distributor selection skills
- Excellent communication and coaching skills (training experience desirable)
Lubricants | Industrial | Distributors | Indirect | Steel | Sales | Metalworking | Distributor Management