Our client is a leading worldwide specialist in the development, manufacture and supply of Industrial lubricant/ chemical fluids; offering extensive product lines to suit clients’ needs for a wide range of applications, markets and working conditions.
Heat treating technical specialist or heat treatment technical product manager. Has a leading technical management role in the introduction and growth of the Heat Treatment products in Europe. This is primarily responsible for technical support and product management but will have a strong contribution to building the customer portfolio. The position holder should preferably be based around the Rotterdam area in the Netherlands but can operate from a home office in most Western Europe countries.
- European wide technical support and product management of Heat treating product line.
- Works in close cooperation with US-based heat-treating product managers.
- Identifies new market opportunities.
- Visits prospects and customers.
- Provides input for new product development and works in close cooperation with R&D.
- Builds heat treatment knowledge base
Background and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in material sciences or chemistry
- Sound technical knowledge of heat treatment processes and quenching in particular. Experience should preferably be obtained in technical support or product management position at a supplier of quenching fluids or as heat treatment specialist in the technical department of a quenching fluid consumer.
- Experience in technical support of quenching fluids.
- Preferably experience in product management.
- Willing to interact with customers and travel frequently in Europe
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong cross-functional working capabilities.
- Business acumen