Enel Green Power, part of the Enel Group business dedicated to the development and management of energy production from renewable sources worldwide. We have an energy generation mix that includes wind, solar, hydroelectric, geothermal and biomass. Enel Green Power are active in 30 countries with over 1,200 plants.
Purpose - Head of Business Development, Wind & Solar, German Market
The purpose of this role is to manage the complete business development process in wind and photovoltaic business: from strategy, project scouting, identification and assessment, partnership, and contracts negotiation, bid preparation, until internal Investment Decision. The Head of Business Development will be leading the Development team.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of short- and long-term strategies for developing new wind and photovoltaic projects
- Originate business opportunities in wind and photovoltaic sector aligned with Company Strategy
- Manage, in compliance with Company directives but in full autonomy with respect to daily activities, relations and negotiations with identified partners (developers, co-investors, financial institutions…) from deal origination to closing
- Effectively coordinate internal teams (Technical, Financial, and Legal) and other stakeholders in order to execute and expedite all project-related work leading to Investment Decision as per defined internal procedures.
- Lead the Development team at Enel Green Power.
Background & Requirements
- 5 + years in Business Development in the wind and/or photovoltaic sector in Germany
- Degree in Engineering, Economics or equivalent
- Professional proficiency in English
- Extensive network within German developers
- Proven track record
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Leadership and management experience
- Organizational skills and multi-tasking approach
- Ability to extensively travel mainly within Germany and across Europe
- High standing and reputation in the business community
- Team working and negotiation skills
- Flexibility, efficiency & effectiveness