Fortum is a leading clean energy company that provides its customers with electricity, heating and cooling as well as smart solutions to improve resource efficiency. Fortum wants to engage their customers and society to join the change for the cleaner world. Fortum employs around 8000 professionals across the Nordics, Baltic countries, Russia, Poland and India and in 2018 57% of their electricity generation was CO2 free.
In this role you will be working for Fortum’s eNext division. Fortum eNext helps utilities and energy-intensive industries to improve operations and reduce emissions of thermal power plants. Read more about Fortum and eNext here.
THE POSITION – Group Manager of Design Engineering, Västerås
In this position, you will be working as a Group Manager of Design Engineering and will be responsible for leading a team of 7-10 highly skilled Design Engineers supporting Fortum’s product lines and workshops located in Västerås, Sweden and Naantali, Finland. You will drive the team´s growth and development and oversee the delivery of the projects. As a Group Manager, you will also take part in developing the business of eNext’s Turbine and Generator services and processes and take part in sales projects. You will be working closely with internal stakeholders and be a part of the management team of eNext.
Ideally, you are located in Västerås but you can also work from Espoo or Naantali.
Responsibilities for Group Manager of Design Engineering
- Leading a team of Designers and overseeing the teams projects
- Developing and growing the team
- Actively developing eNext’s Turbine and Generator processes
- Driving the growth of the eNext division
- Taking part in sales projects and communicating with different internal and external stakeholders
BACKGROUND & REQUIREMENTS
We are looking for an experienced technical manager with excellent leadership skills and a passion for growing and developing the business to a whole new level. You enjoy working in the grassroots as much as you like managing the bigger picture. We highly appreciate if you already have experience and knowledge about turbines and generators, but you will have highly skilled professionals in your team to support you in technical details.
- Suitable University level degree (preferably in engineering)
- Experience in Senior/Managerial position in a technical field
- Understanding of the technology in turbines and generators
- Analytical approach to your work
- Innovative and ambitious mindset
- Great people and team leading skills
- Excellent English, Swedish and/or Finnish language skills are an advantage
ABOUT IE Oy
Intelligent Employment Oy are the Finnish branch of Intelligent Employment Ltd. We are a boutique Executive Search & Headhunting firm with Offices in the UK & Finland, with extensive experience recruiting for the Energy, Cleantech & Specialty Chemical industries throughout the EMEA region.