OX2 was founded in 2004. Ever since then, OX2 has been driving the change towards a 100% sustainable energy sector by continuously increasing the availability of renewable energy. So far, OX2 has developed and built over 2 GW large-scale, onshore wind power in the Nordic region.
OX2 currently has approximately 700 MW in construction out of which 230 MW is in Finland. OX2 has management contracts of 516 wind turbines with an estimated annual production of 6,3 TWh. OX2 has 150 employees in Sweden, Finland, Norway, Poland, Lithuania, and France. In 2019 net sales totalled EUR 463 million.
The purpose of the Grid & Control Engineer is to secure a connection for the Wind Farms with the Grid. The Grid & Control Engineer is predominantly involved during the Development Realization phase of the Project. In addition, will engage stakeholder, participate in quality- and review and offer technical advice throughout construction and operations. This role can either be based in one of the OX2's Swedish offices or remote.
Responsibilities - Grid and Control Engineer
- Grid design, CAPEX estimations up to received proposals and related risks, electrical losses to P50, OPEX (especially tariffs to project financials) including internet connection and any required service agreement.
- Manage technical grid studies: static, RfG, fault discrimination etc.
- For the procurement of all grid and control equipment (both BoP, TSA, and OMA); provide the technical specifications and the review of quoted solutions covering technical feasibility together with CAPEX and OPEX implications.
- Electrical design expertise during Turbine Negotiations.
- Management of technical aspects in the Grid Connection Agreement, in close cooperation to the person responsible for the commercial parts of the Grid Connection Agreement.
- Synchronizing Grid Codes (legislated and NSO specific), TSA and BoP, including system studies by internal and external resources.
- Design control systems configuration and match them to ITs requirements on network, security, SCADA and documentation in cooperation with our IT engineer, and CIO.
- Design of the internal grid including substations and connecting lines.
- Internal and External Stakeholder Engagement
Background and Requirements
- Qualified Electrical Engineer, preferable Masters degree in Electrical systems, with good practical experience.
- Expert knowledge of Power Generation Electrical Grid, Substations and Grid Connections.
- Ideally have an understanding of the various Engineering aspects that create a commercially attractive Wind Farm.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Fluent in Swedish and English.