We are supporting our client who is a leader in manufacturing and marketing a full range of high-quality automotive and industrial lubricants products in over 100 markets globally.
They are searching for a Plant Controller who is responsible for product costing and inventory control with relation to the local plant. Working with Operations (incl. plant manager) and Purchasing, as their main partner in Finance, the Plant Controller helps in tracking the volumes produced and the costs associated, with the mission of providing the management with the full understanding of the effects in the income statement and in the balance sheet. The Plant Controller is the link between the production site and Finance.
Together with this, the Plant Controller works as a partner of Operations in the analysis of the business cases related to the new investments in the plant.
- Monthly cost calculation of the materials in the plant, monitoring differences with the previous month and working with purchasing to understand root causes.
- Monthly variance analysis of consumptions of raw material and packaging to control quantity and price effects and understand effects on COGS;
- Monthly report and analysis of components of cost of conversion:
- Check on inventory movements on a daily basis
- Quarterly transfer price calculation and whenever needed for the business
- Operations' Capex control and cost evaluation of the investments
- Monthly write-offs control and management in compliance with LOA
- Monthly Cost deviation analysis of production orders.
- Assisting in special projects whenever asked
- Ensure control over logistic costs.
- He/She makes and prepares analysis and reports based on the needs of two Plants;
- He/She gives suggestions to improve internal processes on specific issues related to the Plant managed. For instance: Slow moving, obsolescence and scrapping
- Be able to align production costs (raw materials, salaries…) with COGS (Cost of Goods Sold)
- Control & impulse reduction of the obsolete materials’ value in stock to the minimum
- Build continuous interaction and cooperation with Purchasing and Operations
Communication and Working Relationship (Internal/External):
- Internal; establish a good working relationship mainly with the Plant Controllers in Europe, local Operations, Purchasing and Finance.
- External: Suppliers
Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor degree in business administration, economics or related area.
- Team player.
- Communication skills.
- Accounting skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Being able to work in a structured and disciplined way.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Stress resistance
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Experience in the Role, at least: 4-6 years
- Proficiency in English
- Experienced in SAP and MS Excel