We are seeking a new team member with a genuine technical interest in both the crystallization application, as well as an interest in the delicate hardware of this high tech equipment, combined with organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
As a Field Service Engineer, you are working in the Service Department. Independently you install High-Tech research equipment for customers who are established all over the world. After installing the equipment you will train the end-users. In advance, the engineer will do a factory acceptance test on the sold equipment and prepares him/herself to travel to the customer. The engineer needs to document the required information and hand over the client and equipment to Customers Service.
Field Service Engineer Job requirements:
An MBO diploma electrical or mechanical, with several years of experience in the installation and maintenance of high tech equipment. Or an MLO diploma with several years of laboratory experience using and maintaining high tech laboratory equipment.
- At least 2-year experience in a Customer Service or (customer) related work field. Great customer awareness.
- A high level of creativity and a result-oriented way of working.
- Experience working with and/or installation of research equipment is a pre.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good written and verbal expression in the English language, additional languages are an advantage.
- Can-do mentality, not a 9-5 mentality.
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- Must be willing to travel.
Field Service Engineer Main activities:
Installation of equipment:
- Installation of high-tech research equipment at customers globally (mainly Europe, USA and occasionally Asia).
- Training of end-users. Between 50% and 70 % of the time travelling abroad.
- Answering customer questions.
- Pro-active resolving technical issues in all disciplines, e.g. mechanically, electrical, software, application etc. Needed help, knowledge or else must be requested in an autonomous way.
- Providing technical support and does troubleshooting of issues by telephone and/or e-mail.
- Technical support for our distributors in China, Japan, India, etc. Fast turnaround and accurate administration of Customer issues is critical.
Contribute to departmental & Customer Service improvements:
- Continuously improve the different procedures for Service visits, installations and repairs.
- At all times, maintain timely and professional communication towards customers
- Ensure adherence to the principles of Safety-Quality-Output-Efficiency
- Give support with systems configuration and perform quality tests before delivery.
What do we offer:
We offer you a challenging job in an innovative and growing company in a dynamic technical environment. You get the chance to make an important contribution to the development and professionalization of our client. We offer you a great position within a highly motivated and collegial working environment with lots of freedom for initiatives and space for personal development.v
Besides a good salary, you can think of secondary conditions such as:
- 25 vacation days
- 12 atv-days
- Training opportunities
- Good pension scheme