Our client is a progressive global technology company based in Brisbane (Australia) that is dedicated to enabling people to choose their energy future. They do this by developing distinctive award-winning electric vehicle (EV) charging products. We offer flexible, scalable technology solutions that enable growth in electric vehicle adoption and the proliferation of charging infrastructure.
This position reports directly to the Customer Support Manager and is based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Operating as a key member of our European team, the Field Engineer will be responsible for all pre- and post-sale technical field support. This role is solutions, integration and services-oriented focusing on finding solutions for their customers, over their best customer experience on owning our charging system.
THE POSITION: FIELD ENGINEER, EV
- Execute all field service activities (e.g. install, test, commission, diagnose, repair, support, etc) on the systems according to our Policies and Procedures, and/or coordinate external teams on the execution of those activities
- Liaise with all clients/suppliers in a professional and courteous manner with a view to improve the reputation of the business within the industry and increase business opportunities.
- Work with subcontractors on site and remotely, by guiding and monitoring them throughout their interventions on our products, representing the business in alignment with our company values. For time to time, you will be required to audit their services and reports to secure the upmost quality and accuracy of their services and reports.
- Comply with all necessary safety procedures, as reflected in our Policies and Procedures
- Work within ISO9001 equivalent quality Standards, and any other local regulation or company regulation
- Secure the remote supervision, monitoring, assistance, operational performance and fast resolution of the charger’s networks under our support and supervision
- Provide and receive training and support to the broader Customer Support team, End of Line Testing, Internal Repairs and Engineering when needed
- Generate and submit timely high-quality reports and other technical documentation outputs from your work, on the field and outside the field, using the defined systems. In addition to specified reports, it is expected you provide product improvements where you see fit and feed-back customer input.
- Be hands on and work in accordance with the defined SOPs
- Work in accordance to the schedule provided to you in a weekly base
- Travel to the sites as required (approximately 80% of the time)
- Performed integration, validation and verification testing, by collaborating with internal teams and vendors to integrate, debug, fix and improve products, documenting development phases and monitor systems.
- Participate and innovate the best practices and processes on the Customer journey from the integration, acquisition, installation, commissioning and operational lifetime of his ownership of the solutions
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field experience
- Hands-on experience with Linux environments
- Good experience with general electronics design and familiarity with processor-controlled devices
- Experience working with LV mains to 480VAC and DC systems up to 1000V
- Affinity working with PCBs/ESD sensitive equipment
- Understanding of OCPP protocol, programming, integration and debugging
- Excellent time management skills, especially while on site.
- High-level ability to understand the environment at the site.
- Excellent local and remote diagnosing, problem definition, problem-solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal, using local and remote desktop applications and help desk software as needed.
- Flexibility for travelling within Europe as required to provide on-site installation coordination, test & commissioning’s and technical support, with short reaction time
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
In the interest of personal safety, all employees have an obligation to:
- Comply with all safe work practices, rules, procedures and instructions with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others, damage to plant or equipment and environmental pollution.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others.
- Wear personal protective equipment and clothing where required.
- Comply with any reasonable direction given by Management for environmental, health and safety.
- Not misuse or interfere with any environmental or health and safety equipment provided.
- Report all near misses, accidents and incidents on the job immediately.
- Report all known or observed hazards to their Supervisor or Manager immediately.
Get in touch with
Tel: +44 (0)1908 920 436