Our client is a leading worldwide specialist in the development, manufacture and supply of Industrial lubricant/ chemical fluids; offering extensive product lines to suit clients’ needs for a wide range of applications, markets and working conditions.
The Position: European Operations Manager
Our client is looking for a qualified candidate for the position of European Operations Manager, located in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. The European Operations Manager is part of the Senior Management Team and has responsibility for Production, Facilities, Inventory, Maintenance, Logistics and Replenishment within the company’s European operations. Working for our client as their European Operations Manager, they will offer you:
- A stimulating, dynamic and international work environment.
- A chance to develop yourself and inspire others.
- A chance to be a part of a great Management Team.
- A competitive compensation package.
Key Accountabilities for European Operations Manager:
- As European Operations Manager the client will expect you to motivate and develop a team of 10+ employees with different educational and cultural backgrounds.
- The expectations of European Operations Manager are to initiate and lead projects designed to improve the production facility, its assets (machines) and its interconnected processes and methods to ensure integral and consistent quality of their products.
- Furthermore, the candidate should be able to show immediate value leading change and designing and executing projects to improve quality, increase productivity, and/or reduce cost.
- Together with the Quality Assurance/EHS Manager, the European Operations Manager will maintain contact with local statutory bodies to ensure that all the required environmental permits and legal obligations are compliant, consistent and up to date.
Qualifications & Education required for European Operations Manager:
- The European Operations Manager should have completed education on an HBO/WO level in WTB, Chemical Technology and/or electronics.
- Previous success as a manager in a manufacturing environment will be important for the European Operations Manager role.
- European Operations Manager should have previous success in leading change and project initiatives from the drawing board through final execution.
Skills/Experience/Knowledge Preferable for European Operations Manager:
- The European Operations Manager should have demonstrated ability to focus on details and provide hands-on leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to be a successful team player is an important feature for the European Operations Manager role.
- It is important for the candidate of European Operations Manager to have demonstrated written and spoken fluency in Business English and in Dutch.
Get in touch with
Tel: +44 (0)1908 920 439