Egain is a leading technology SaaS company within digital control and energy optimization of residential and government buildings. The company develops IoT solutions, mobile apps, and AI-based software that visualizes building opportunities and optimizes the energy consumption leading to lower energy consumption, improved buildings’ environmental footprint, optimized living comfort and increased property valuations. Egain was founded in 2003 with HQ in Kungsbacka, Sweden, and is today owned by Summa Equity. With offices in five European countries, Egain is currently serving more than 5,000 buildings and 300,000 apartments across 11 countries.
We are seeking a Customer Support Engineer with experience in Building Technology/HVAC to join the German HQ of Egain in Berlin. The purpose of the Customer Support Engineer is to manage technical installations, creating solutions and values, which means a better indoor climate and reduced energy consumption for our customers.
Responsibilities - Energieingenieur – Digitale Gebäudetechnik | Energy Engineer - Digital Building Technology
- Take responsibility for customer support (technical and user).
- Act as a project manager for new installations and extension of existing projects (order products, installations, scheduling, manage handover from installation to customers).
- Act as projects manager for the start-up phase of installation (internal tools, setpoints of optimizations etc.).
- Coordinate and oversee installations performed by Egain’s partners.
- Manage customer accounts
- Manage user training (webinars, Teams) for a new user, existing user for new functionality.
- Provide remote technical support to customers via phone and email.
- Provide feedback and recommendations regarding the products to R&D.
- Ensure and develop long term relationship with our customers to the agreed-on retention level.
- Identify opportunities together with the customer to drive new investments.
- Analyse building portfolios to identify energy-saving measurements and process improvements together with the customer.
- Provide regular onsite educational training and technical support to relevant stakeholders.
Background & Requirements
- Technical background in Engineering, Heating, Cooling, Electrical or Plumbing.
- Experience from within the Real Estate (Residential, Commercial, or Industrial), Heating Central / HVAC or Building Management industry.
- Experience in Projects, Planning and/or Coordination.
- Native in German and business proficient in English.
- An entrepreneurial mindset: Self-starter, agile, flexible.
- Service-minded and solutions orientated.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Knowledgeable and curious, in the field of building management and energy balance.