Hexion Specialty Chemicals head-quartered in Columbus, Ohio is the world’s largest producer of thermosetting resins. Hexion has production facilities in the Americas, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. In Finland Hexion has a manufacturing site and offices in Kitee and a harbour terminal in Hamina.
THE POSITION – EHS Site & Regional Manager
You will be Site EHS Manager Finland and in your second role as Regional EHS Manager you will be member of the corporate EHS team as well as functionally supervise the EHS activities at of our Russian Joint Venture.
In your role as the Site EHS Manager Finland you will ensure site compliance of regulations and permit conditions, maintain responsibility for all environmental permits and timely submissions of permit applications or EHS reports. You will coach the local team to drive safety culture and excellence in health and safety processes. You will also collaborate with REACH and MSDS management and work closely with the quality management function as well as support community outreach as required.
As a Regional EHS Manager you will support environmental and permitting activities of the Russian JV company and liaise with the General Manager of the Russian JV and the Tula Site EHS Manager to ensure compliance with national regulations and corporate EHS standards. You will travel to other company operations primary within the region of responsibility on a regular level.
In the Regional EHS Manager role you will also be a member of the European EHS Leadership Team helping to develop regional strategy aligned with corporate Hexion EHS programs and provide leadership and technical expertise to obtain company-wide excellence in EHS management. You will work close together with corporate EHS functions to drive sharing of information and best practices, analyse and report regional EHS performance and drive EHS management system implementation and improvement programs. You will participate in regular management review processes and assess EHS capital projects.
- Ensure site compliance of regulations and permit conditions at the site in Finland
- Coach the local team in safety and health regulations
- Collaborate with REACH and MSDS
- Support environmental and permitting activities of the Russian JV
- Act as a member of the European EHS Leadership Team
- Develop regional strategy
BACKGROUND & REQUIREMENTS
- Engineering Degree in Chemistry environmental or occupational health sciences or equivalent
- 5-10 years of experience in the EHS Field
- Strong knowledge of environmental and safety regulations
- Strong leadership, training, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Finnish language skills as well as fluency in spoken and written English
- Russian language will be a plus
ABOUT IE Oy
Intelligent Employment Oy are the Finnish branch of Intelligent Employment Ltd. We are a boutique Executive Search & Headhunting firm with Offices in the UK & Finland, with extensive experience recruiting for the Energy, Cleantech & Specialty Chemical industries throughout the EMEA region.