Summary of the function:
As an EHS Specialist, you actively participate in the roll-out and definition of the EHS policy in Bornem in order to
arrive at a preventive thinking and well-being and health-friendly working environment (creating an active safety
You advise on risk situations and you carry out the approved vision in order to create an optimally safe, healthy,
environmentally friendly working environment and attitude.
In this function you report to the EHS Manager.
Essential executive tasks and responsibilities:
- You are aware of the legal requirements regarding the environment, health and safety and ensure that the
requirements of the legislation and the company are met.
- You conduct risk analyses (according to checklist) of actions and installations.
- You prepare commissioning reports and support the maintenance department with safety advice based on
your technical expertise.
- You contribute to the safety aspect of various projects.
- You coordinate information meetings with contractors in case of major activities.
- You give an introduction to new employees around EHS.
- You provide tool boxes around EHS topics.
- You ensure a smooth flow of information to the work floor.
- You carry out safety tours.
- You write fire permits.
- You support in investigations of incidents and accidents.
- You translate theoretical proposals into practical solutions (reported incidents, questions colleagues etc.).
- You support environmental tasks (eg disposal of waste streams).
- You take over tasks from the EHS Manager in case of absence (eg daily production consultation).
- Knowledge of the organization, products and production process
- You are prepared to successfully follow the course prevention level 3 or have already followed it.
- Knowledge of BST (G40!) Methodologies or willing to follow the training for observatory.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing: you are expressive, understandable, well-listening
and convincing. You can draw up concise letters, memos, newsletters, presentations or trainings.
- Project management: you can organize activities, set priorities, draw up time schedules.
- You can express a vision or define the path that appeals to others and can win people for it.
- Interpersonal: you treat others well, are diplomatic, tactful and take into account other people's
convictions. You are friendly and positive. You are a team player.
- Conflict control: you recognize situations where there is disagreement about objectives or working
methods, solve the problems in a direct, positive way and get all noses in the same direction.
- You have a good knowledge of English.