Our client for over 100 years, has been at the forefront of innovation. The company offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
The Job - EHS Advisor
Primarily responsible for developing, implementing and managing Global Environmental, Health, Safety & Security (EHSS) programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies and practices.
- Drive continuous improvement in EHS performance in order to achieve EHS excellence & keep internal and external EHS Management systems certifications in place.
- Implement local EHS programs to ensure compliance with applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations and with SUEZ and Business Policies.
- Organizes and coordinates risk-assessments for machines and installations, investigations of incidents and accidents, and advises in complex root cause investigations in order to be able to improve safety and reduce risks.
- Organize and coordinate employee EHS training.
- Track goals achievement through collection, analysis and communication of EHS goals and measurements
- Participate in EHS compliance and/or management system audits and providing guidance to field EHS personnel on conformance and best management practices.
- Knowledgeable of local EHS regulations affecting business operations and communicates specific regulatory requirements as they apply to the work setting.
- Realize EHS Field audits at customer sites, ensure or support prompt closure of findings. Travelling less than 20% work time in Belgium and Netherlands.
- Support senior leadership and operations
- Oversee of the work of EHS consultants for specific EHS projects (eg. Audits, Training, Site Assessment.)
- Coordinate the safety of employees who work in the company buildings.
Safety Engineer / Safety advisor level 2
3 - 5 years experience in a similar function
Knowledge of local and European EHS legislation
General Knowledge in link with the job: Risks, analytical tools
Profound knowledge of health & safety issues, in particular, the risks associated with chemicals.
Fluently speaking Dutch, English and knowledge of French appreciated.
Demonstrated ability to influence organization culture, personnel and EHS programs
Demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects and tasks by using timelines and tracking systems of action plan/milestones to assure self-delivery.
Demonstrated ability to prioritize the most important liabilities and compliance issues and focuses activities/efforts on them.
- Excellent personal skills, ability to interact with key customers.
Get in touch with
Tel: +44 (0)1908 920 436