Reporting to the Vice-President/General Manager, the Country Manager will develop, manage and lead the implementation of sound business strategies to grow the country’s revenues and operating income. The role will include driving both growth and change through the clients business model by providing focus and leadership on business simplification, customer-back innovation, sales & marketing excellence while building quality leadership of the country organization.
This position will be responsible for leading the local sales and marketing organization and oversee the local supply chain (production, sourcing and logistics), with the support of the other departments of the Division. Finance will report into the Division Controller and will work closely with the Country Manager to achieve local P&L objectives. It includes a total organization of 10 employees and $6-8 million in revenue.
- Based on our strategic intent and business strategy, develop and execute the Long Range Plan (LRP) and Annual Plan (AP) growth initiatives using the key organic growth levers, go-to-market approaches and channel development for South Africa business.
- Develop relationships with all key stakeholders, including key customers and intercompany partners.
- Hire, develop, and retain a diverse pipeline of great leadership talent.
- Understand the P&L and drive improvements in the South Africa business.
- Works to profitably and sustainably develop new customers and business aligned to the strategic intent.
- Assume contract responsibility, develop agreements and manage price negotiations.
- Identify and evaluate market trends and develop/test new approaches that create organic growth opportunities for the business unit.
- Communicate effectively to foster a culture of engagement/accountability, cascading vision, creating goal alignment and coaching through feedback, development planning and performance management.
- Work closely with the Sales Director, R&D Director and Marketing Director to identify and apply synergies between Europe and South Africa. Leverage the European knowledge to speed up the development of the country.
- Manage the operational aspects of the business, driving improvements in cost, quality, and delivery.
- Oversee and take appropriate action to manage cash collection.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration required (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience of the Automotive aftermarket business
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience leading sales & marketing with strong interactions with operations, innovation and finance.
- Proven track record in meeting and/or exceeding sales and P&L targets and consistently achieving on-time deliverables from multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment and solve practical business problems in a prompt manner and often under tight deadlines.
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage the risks inherent in growth initiatives that support division strategies.
- Excellent leadership skills are required in addition to having a proven record of successfully managing a multifunctional team.
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills and the ability to work in a diverse and multicultural environment are essential.
- Ability to learn how to create Front to Back alignment through the organization.
- Travel up to 25% (mainly within South Africa).