Our client is a fast-growing company with great expertise in all stages of the construction of wind, solar and hydroelectric power plants. Their goal is to provide competitive, decarbonized electricity.
The company is made up of a multidisciplinary team of project managers divided into three sectors: hydroelectric, photovoltaic and wind power. In the field, they work together to design projects that are integrated into the territories, in a spirit of dialogue and respect for the specific sensitivities of each site studied. They are now aiming to start their business in Italy, focusing on Wind and Solar development.
Our client is looking for a driven developer who will join the company and be an important player when starting their office in Italy. As a Country Manager, you will be responsible for building the business there with support from the French headquarters. You will be developing the international portfolio of the company, and also working hands-on with the day-to-day tasks.
You will work with the full circle of development, from permitting to the construction of the projects.
- Greenfield development; sites, land control, licenses
- Rigorous analysis of country contexts (land rights, bankability, tax schemes, etc)
- Negotiations and liaison with statutory authorities and other stakeholders
- Preparation of project documentation
- Team development
- Financial modelling and development of production marketing strategies (PPP or other)
Background and Requirements
- Engineering or Business degree
- Experience from either wind park or solar development projects
- Experience (3 to 8 years) in an IPP or in project development, project financing
- Familiarity with contract negotiations (equity doc, finance doc, project doc)
- Ability to travel
- Support to funding teams; negotiations with investors and donors
- Promotion of the company image and development of the networks
- Entrepreneurial mindset and work ethic
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in Italian and English or French