Construction Project Manager
The Construction Project Manager has overall responsibility for the construction of the wind farm.
The role of Construction Project Manager has mainly presence during the Realization and Construction phases of the wind farm. In some occasions, the input from the Construction Manager shall be needed during Due Diligence of external projects.
The Construction Project Manager will be involved in the following focus areas;
Support in certain complex projects under the engineering team leads in the constructability of the windfarms.
Closing stage of development:
At the Development Close, the Construction Project Manager role could participate in the risk assessment and in the transfer from Development to Realization in order to get familiar with the project.
The Construction Project Manager should be appointed at this stage and should participate in the negotiations. Focusing primarily on the interfaces between contracts, the main time schedule and the construction budget.
As a result, the Construction Project Manager should be responsible for preparing future construction. Responsible to prepare the Project Execution Plan, main time schedule, construction budget, identifying future resource needs in terms of consultants
During the Construction phase, the Construction Project Manager has overall responsibility for the project in terms of safety, budget, time, quality and stakeholder management.
Review the status of the project from the Construction point of view, identifying the major construction showstoppers or risks.
· Overall responsibility for budget, time, quality and stakeholder management of the project.
· Overall responsibility to secure that high HSE standards are implemented and followed in the project.
· Managing the Project team to successfully deliver the project deliverables and to follow up the progress of the construction.
· Manage the different stakeholders of the project, especially the client and the client´s representatives.
· Monthly reporting internal to the company and to the client.
· Contracts representative for the project.
· Deliver the project to the client.
· Reporting variations from the agreed scope to the Head of Construction according to the mandate and internal policies.
· Responsible for creating and updating the Main Time Schedule
· Responsible for budgeting the construction CAPEX of the project.
· Prepare the Project Execution Plan from the construction point of view (Including the Quality Plan, inspections reports…)
· Propose the organisation to manage the project
· Responsible for the negotiations with WTG and BoP contracts of the areas assigned to this role (in collaboration and supervision with the WTG and BoP leads)
· Participation and understanding of the Risk Workshop of the project, securing that a Risk workshop has held before the FC.
· Planning ahead and mitigating the risks before the construction starts.
Background & Requirements;
Wide and general knowledge of the construction of wind power is essential.
Expert knowledge on;
· Project Management.
· Construction management
· Communication with the project team and with third parties
· Problem solving
· Program ahead
In-depth knowledge about;
· Commercial aspects of the negotiations and the construction.
· Quality assurance
Good understanding of;
· Sales process for the wind farm
Our client specializes in developing, constructing, financing and managing Renewable Energy Power plants. They are headquartered in Sweden and are one of the leading developers in Northern Europe.