VALOREM is a vertically integrated green energy operator (226 people and 5 subsidiaries), offering a range of renewable energy solutions while guiding and supporting local authorities and its partners at every stage of a project: surveys, development, financing, construction, operational oversight, and maintenance. Its headquarters and principal entities are in Bègles, France. In Finland, Valorem is currently involved in several projects (+500 MW under development and 70 MW under construction).
Valorem is seeking an experienced CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER to join their growing team in Helsinki, Finland. The CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER ensures the construction management of renewable energy projects and is directly responsible for executing projects with a deep commitment to ensuring quality standards, safety, environmental commitments, budgets, and schedules are met or exceeded.
- In close collaboration with the French and Finnish team, considers the issues and constraints and ensures the technical and organizational feasibility of the project. Establishes an estimate of the budgetary and planning objectives of the project and submits it to its Management for validation.
- Guaranty the implementation and respect of safety rules during all stages of the project Manages relations with clients and all parties involved in the project.
- Determines and deploys the resources necessary for the proper execution of the project in all its aspects, and ensures their selection, management, assignment, and availability.
- Identifies the different phases and additional studies necessary to carry out the project in collaboration with support resources (internal or external)
- For the interventions of external resources, draws up the specifications, carries out the consultations of service providers and subcontractors evaluate the proposals and validate its choice according to the procedure in force. Draw up subcontractor's contracts.
- As a project manager, structures organizes and implements the project management tools planning, budget management, project dashboard.
- In close collaboration with the site supervisor, ensures the proper progress of the project.
- Ensures the contractual and regulatory compliance of the studies, the works, the quality plans and the documentation produced.
- Performs risk management with the aim of limiting the impact on planning, quality, costs, safety, the environment, and the reputation of the company.
- Throughout the project, ensures functional authority over any external stakeholder. Directs, negotiates, and validates the work.
- Ensures the application of procedures and their respect by the workers on its sites. Takes any action directly or in agreement with its Management in the event of a malfunction in order to ensure safety.
Background & requirements
- Engineer degree (Civil Engineering, Construction, Industrial project, Renewable energy) or other engineering studies coupled with concrete experience in the requested lines.
- Eight years of experience as Construction Project Manager in civil engineering and/or 5 years in a similar position in renewable energies (wind Turbine project)
- Two to three years of experience acquired on international projects would be appreciated
- Languages: Finnish & English essential. French would be seen as a benefit.
- You work accurately and have an eye for detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Good communication skills