VALOREM is a vertically integrated green energy operator (226 people and 5 subsidiaries), offering a range of renewable energy solutions while guiding and supporting local authorities and its partners at every stage of a project: surveys, development, financing, construction, operational oversight and maintenance. Its headquarters and principal entities are in Bègles, France. This position is being offered by VALREA, a subsidiary of the VALOREM Group specializes in the construction of wind, photovoltaic and hydroelectric parks.
In Finland, Valorem is currently involved in several projects (+500 MW under development and 70 MW under construction).
Construction Manager is responsible for the construction of renewable energy projects across Finland. From design and preparation to construction and commissioning, in compliance with the cost, time, quality, safety, and environmental commitments. In this role, you will be working closely with several stakeholders and lead the project teams.
Responsibilities for Construction Manager
- Establish an estimate of the budgetary and planning objectives of the project
- Draws up the specifications for external resources, carries out the consultation of service providers and subcontractors, valuates the proposals and validates its choice
- Ensures the technical and organizational feasibility of the project
- Identifies the different phases and additional studies necessary to carry out the project in collaboration with support resources (internal or external)
- Intervenes for any identified hazard, technical problem or the progress of the project and the budget
- Ensures the contractual and regulatory compliance of studies, works, quality plans and documents
- Assists the Client in the acceptance of works and ensures the follow-up of reservations
- Performs as an expert supporting and advising colleagues in construction
Background & Requirements
- Relevant qualification
- Around 5 years of experience in renewable energy construction project management or energy EPC projects
- Great negotiation skills
- Sense of results and compliance with regulations, procedures, rules and working methods in force
- Sense of teamwork - sharing and support
- Additional knowledge in electricity is a great advantage
- Fully fluent in English
- Finnish is an advantage