Our client is a cutting-edge software company transforming the energy industry by helping the Nation to keep the lights on. Using their unique technology platform, they are able to create a ‘virtual power plant’ where the energy-using assets of hundreds of companies are aggregated. This helps energy operators to deliver on their vision for a greener and more flexible power infrastructure.
As a Business Development Sales Executive, you will need to be an ambitious and hungry business development professional looking to win new business from inbound and self-generated leads. For this position, you will be based at the UK Headquarters located in Watford on a full-time, permanent basis.
Responsibilities for the Business Development Sales Executive
- Generation of qualified opportunities from searched & marketing-generated leads, social media, targeted cold prospecting campaigns, events or other sources you will manage.
- Ensuring that leads are followed up in an effective and positive way to generate the highest possible conversion rate to sales opportunities.
- Build and expanding client relationships
- Identifying new target contacts and prospects
- Tracking the campaign and opportunity generation progress and any sales in CRM.
- Nurturing a pool of contacts that have the potential to turn into opportunities in the future
Background and Requirements
- Degree educated in either Marketing, Business or Engineering
- At least 2-3 years previous experience within a sales environment, ideally with B2B experience within the energy sector.
- Experience using a CRM system on a daily basis, Salesforce experience would be a bonus!
- A great communicator who is clear and persuasive in verbal and written communications with highly effective use of email and telephone.