Our client is a fast-moving technology company working towards transforming the energy industry. Their vision is for a green energy world, powered by smart technology, whilst providing game-changing tools to this established sector to enable greater amounts of renewable generation to be used.
Purpose - Business Development Manager
The Business Development Managers aim is to penetrate, develop and close large new strategic accounts to drive revenue growth and enable the client to scale. The role includes shaping pricing and profitability and implementing the go-to-market strategy alongside account management. Responsibility will include helping shape and selling propositions, delivering solutions giving real benefits to their clients and to them.
You’ll join an existing team selling, developing and implementing important energy service solutions that are at the forefront of balancing demand, generation and storage. The role will report to the Commercial Director and will be part of the senior management group. The job can be done from the company office in Cambridge or remotely from the UK. You will be required to be in the office 2-3 times a month.
- The client is disrupting the existing energy sector so successful candidates must have the gravitas, intellect and drive to convey and influence new thinking at the senior level in large organizations.
- The role will be the primary driver of new business and one of the customer’s expert reference points for the product solution.
- Responsibility for leading value and service pricing and profitability planning in collaboration with the extended team.
- Upsell through technical or service enhancements through establishing a customer value proposition.
Background and requirements
- A good degree with leadership and management experience.
- Successful track record over last 5 years of overachieving quota selling a complex, high-value solution to large corporate´s in SW & Services, SaaS, PaaS and other technology applications.
- Extensive solution selling and or creation experience in energy or similar industries.
- Ideally, a proven success in an early-stage company, helping shape and execute a sales strategy to enable scale working as part of a team and successfully input and influence product direction.
- A multitasker who can convert and close prospects into customers motivating others to focus and develop the team to exceed targets and strive for excellence.
- Able to build strong internal relationships with the business development team and the broader company team through collaborative working and excellent communication.
- A structured thinker who can develop a solution to deliver both clients and the customers objectives.
- A good leader of people which can motivate and focus a team to exceed targets and strive for excellence.