Summary, Accountability &
- Handle all customer inquiries in an efficient and sales-oriented manner.
- Coordinate and organize the work within the Back-Office Department and
coordinate with other internal Departments.
- Receive and process orders for customers and ensure the fastest possible
delivery to these customers, as well as timely invoicing.
- Contribute to an outstanding purchasing experience for our customers.
- Manage the employees in the Back-Office Department. Identify talent and
define development actions to improve the team.
- Achieve above standard results with respect to primary goals set, such as
‘On Time Deliveries’ and ‘Customer Rejects’ (metrics used to measure the
Back-Office department’s performance).
- Coordinate internally with Production, Planning, Technical Service, Finance
and Sales regarding potential issues, solutions or opportunities. Act as the
liaison between the customer and the internal shareholders.
- Answer questions, transfer to the appropriate department and handle
complaints on basis of company and customer procedures.
- Design and maintenance of those parts of the quality system that apply to
- Manage an assigned portfolio of customers.
- External communication with customs and excise services, process excise
formalities and keep them up-to-date.
- Create and follow up customer complaints.
- Back-up for all operational tasks & responsibilities.
- Handle orders and active follow-up of customers by telephone and email,
with respect to delivery times and transport options, promotional
campaigns, payment arrears, absence of orders, ...
- Other possible tasks associated with the sales administration.
- You have at least a bachelor's degree within commercial and or logistics
- You express yourself fluently in Dutch, English and German, both in a
(telephone) conversation as well as written. Ideally, you’re also fluent in
French. Other additional languages are a plus.
- You can communicate at different levels, both outside and within the
- You can easily handle Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
and you preferably have experience with an ERP package.
- You have 5-10 year’s relevant experience in Back-Office and possess
- You are willing to make occasional trips.
- You are a leader and possess people management and leadership skills.
- You are highly communicative and customer-oriented.
- You have a flexible and solution-oriented mindset.
- You are persuasive and a problem solver.
- You can collaborate and possess influencing skills.
- You are hands-on and apply a proactive approach.
- You are eager to learn, you can absorb a lot of information and you know
how to set priorities.
- You can deal with deadlines and work efficiently and accurately.
- You are driven and have a positive attitude.
- You work autonomously with the necessary team spirit.