As an Application Development Scientist, you will be accountable for driving new product and application development programs. You will be involved in technical support activities with customers, process design and engineering, etc. In this role focus will be given to build and translate R&D and scientific knowledge into new application development meeting our customer’s unmet needs. This is an excellent growth opportunity if you are interested in leading projects and/or project teams.
Typical duties are:
- Participate in the development team effort from inception to commercialization
- Apply critical thinking and statistical methods in data analysis to determine the next step of R&D project
- Responsible for scouting and identifying new growth opportunities with new and existing customers to build a healthy application development pipeline
- Segment, target and influence key decision-makers in the targeted industry value chain to drive rapid extension of successful applications
- Promotes a safe work environment for yourself and others
- Perform preliminary evaluations on select new technologies, market applications or market segments
- Execute product development projects, pilot plant trials and commercial production line processing
- Provide all levels of technical support to customers including processing information, conduct and support trials of new materials, production startup, process troubleshooting and primary interface to resolve any quality/technical issues
- Investigate application requirements from the customer, gather all technical data for customer requirements
- Communicate results through effective written documentation and oral presentations
- Seeks continuous improvement through periodic assessments
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented team environment to assist in developing new technologies that provide solutions to customers' needs
We are looking for;
A well-presented and independent co-worker who is customer orientated. You are able to work in a team as well as individually, you are self-motivating and innovative in attitude. Additionally, you are a self-starter, you work independently, and have good personal organization skills. Flexibility is a must in this distinctly innovative environment. Candidates should have a positive social attitude and like to work in a team.
- Candidates must have a master’s in physics, chemistry, or engineering.
- 3 years of relevant experience or a PhD is a plus
- Broad background in physical properties of polymers, experience in polymer processing of masterbatch formulations is considered as a plus
- Understanding/experience with the design & development of architectural applications
- Understanding of production processes preferably in the architectural glazing industry
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
- Good analytical skills and statistical insight
- High level of initiative and leadership ability
- Excellent organization and planning skills and ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to travel as required