We are recruiting for our client who is a global marketing and distribution company that brings value to the world’s leading producers and users of plastics and chemicals through the supply of best in class products and tailored business solutions.
They are searching for an Account Manager for the UK region, the ideal candidate would have 5+ years of experience within the polymer distribution industry.
Account Manager Responsibilities:
- Drive sales growth by proactively pursuing new and/or targeted accounts in the assigned region.
- Meet annual sales plan objectives including volume and MSP profitability targets in the assigned region.
- Establish, develop, maintain, and grow relationships with current and prospective customers in the assigned territory to generate new business for our client's sourced products.
- Give accurate company introduction during first visits and prospecting.
- Make regular telephone calls and in-person visits to existing and prospective customers. Plan and organize both office and travel time to optimize personal time, effectiveness and costs.
- Providing market intelligence with oral and written reports on customer needs, requirements, concerns, competitive activities, and the potential for selling new products and services.
- Prepare written visit reports with specific actions and follow up.
- Work closely with logistics and finance departments to ensure customer expectations are understood and met in the assigned region.
- Use tools as provided and work closely with Area Manager UK, Managing Director, Head of Europe, Product Manager and Technical Manager to generate sales leads, qualify leads into sales targets, and effectively manage a sales target pipeline that will ensure the company’s sales goals are met and exceeded.
- Follow “Claim Management Process” to solve quality and service problems. Take ownership and follow up.
- Strict adherence to compliance in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Track and report on competitors’ activities within the assigned region.
- Update job knowledge and skills by participating in technical and business learning opportunities, reading professional publications and maintaining professional and personal networks.
- Ensure C4C is up to date and being used.
Account Manager Required Experience:
- + 5 years of experience in the polymer market
- Flexible and willing to travel
- Natural relationship building skills with a desire to provide a high level of customer satisfaction.